IVF Patient Guide
The A.R.T. of Fertility
The physicians and staff of the Fertility & IVF Center of Miami understand how overwhelming and complex Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) can be to patients. The purpose of this booklet is to familiarize you with the In-Vitro-Fertilization (IVF) process. This booklet will discuss the following topics:
- What is IVF?
- What is TESA/PESA?
- What are Blastocysts?
- What is Assisted Fertilization?
- What is Assisted Hatching?
- How many embryos do I transfer?
- Potential Complications of Assisted Reproduction Technologies
- Embryo cryopreservation
- Frozen embryo transfer
- What to expect After Egg Retrieval: a peek into the Embryology Laboratory